Tappy is an Australian term used for texting or emailing. In this day and age, many recruiters spend their time tapping away on a keyboard rather than talking face-to-face or over the phone with clients/candidates.
Let’s face it, we all rely on emails, texts or instant messaging and most of us would be lost without them. However, connecting with a client/candidate over the phone or in person is much more personal, allowing you as a recruiter to understand more about who they are, how they behave, and their level of interest. Here are a couple of reasons why talking over the phone or meeting in person should be a recruiter’s main medium of communication:
- Provides an opportunity to get to know a person on a deeper level.
- Phone calls tend to hold more authority than emails, texts or instant messaging.
- A form of oral communication has less of a chance to get swept under the rug. People receive hundreds of emails a day and it raises the likelihood your email will get lost in the noise.
- No room for error — The possibility of miscommunication goes down significantly when you are able to talk directly to a person.
- You can build more solid and long-lasting relationships!
Ultimately, the relationship between a recruiter and their client/candidate is key. The best way to form this is to talk face-to-face and/or over the phone in order to build that rapport! So remember, less tappy and more talking!!
Jana Turner, Principal, About Jana
The RETS Team brings a deep, strategic understanding of the real estate industry to your recruitment needs. Click here for more insights & tips.