Hiring is one of the most important things a company does, and getting the highest quality talent is crucial. The best candidates are in high demand, and are likely to receive multiple offers. Companies must have efficient hiring standards and need to implement the most effective interview process to get the top talent.
With the current competitive conditions of the market, clients can lose out if they can’t pull the trigger fast enough. We urge clients to have a set interview process that is as short as possible versus the typical long multi-step process that requires phone interviews, skypes, face to face spread out over weeks. It is a common mistake for employers to be constantly looking for the “perfect” person instead of recognizing a great candidate.
Enforcing a decisive interview process is key and it is important for clients to sell the company and the dream:
- Make sure the right people know that a candidate is visiting the office and that the office looks inviting and professional.
- Make time for an uninterrupted interview.
- No cell phones or interruptions.
- Be engaged and make the candidate feel special!
There is no real correlation between evaluation time and quality of hire. This is why it is important to implement the quickest yet most effective process possible needed to get the best candidate. Companies should have:
- No more than two interview sessions requiring the candidate to be out of the office from their current employer.
- One social outing to assess behavioral qualities in a more relaxed setting.
- Seal the deal with an offer that is strong and the best offer!
Ultimately, employers can lose out on a person who was already in their office due to their hiring process and implementing a faster system will help your company attract, convert, and hire better talent!
Andrew Reising, Director, About Andrew
The RETS Team brings a deep, strategic understanding of the real estate industry to your recruitment needs. Click here for more insights & tips